Video editing is the heaviest task for the PCs. You have seen struggle of your PCs on rendering 4k video or rendering high-effects, Then PCs get slow & lags more. So I am going to show you Best motherboards for video editing in 2022.
Why Consider Motherboards?
If you are buying high-performance components and you not buying a good motherboard to handle the components smoothly, then you are wasting your money. To get fast and smooth PC experience you have to buy a compatible motherboard for your high-performance components.
Before buying any motherboard, you have to keep in mind few things.
- Size Or Form Factor: When buying a motherboard for your new setup, it’s important to decide the size of your motherboard. Usually motherboard comes in ATX, micro ATX, and mini ITX the ATX is the biggest and ITX is the small one. So video editing requires powerful PC, The ATX motherboards are the best.
- Sockets: The motherboards either comes with AMD AM4 CPU socket or an LGA 1151 CPU socket. Which is depend you what CPU you are choosing.
- Chipset: You have to check the motherboard’s chipset it is very important task. It provide you details about capabilities of a motherboard. The options you get in motherboard chipsets is A320, B450, B550, X570, Z390, etc. As you go up for the pricing the better chipsets you will get. Its all about your budget.
Beside these things, you have to look more things in motherboard if you are new buyer.
Best Motherboards for Video Editing in 2022
1. ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
You know Asus is one of the popular brands. Because of its feature rich high-end products.
I have picked the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming motherboard in the list of Best Motherboards for Video Editing in 2022. which comes in ATX form factor & features AMD AM4 socket. Its compatible with most of the Latest AMD chipsets including 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs. This motherboard is amazing choice for high-end PCs. It has 4 memory lanes which can use up to 128GB memory with 4400MHz Clock Speed.
When you look at the design, the PCI-e slots are shielded, every other module have its own heatsink including the M.2 slots.
It have the PCI-E 4.0 technology, it gives you the fastest possible experience and provide fast data transfer speed. For more expansion, it provides 6x SATA ports on motherboard. It have one PCI-e x16 4.0 port for video card, and 4 PCI-e slots for expansion cards.
In the I/O section, it comes with 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x Ethernet, 1x Display Port, 1x HDMI Port, 4x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type A port, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C port, audio ports, etc. This motherboard have Onboard Wifi 6 and have 3-year warranty from ASUS.
- It comes in ATX form factor
- Use AMD B550 chipset with AMD AM4 socket
- It has 2 M.2 slot and 6 SATA ports
- Comes with total 5 PCIe expansion slots
- It has 4 memory slots for RAM up to 128GB
- Have Onboard WI-FI 6 connectivity
- It comes with 3 year warranty
- Made for provide high-performance
- It has optimized thermal solution
- Onboard Wi-fi
- Little bit Overpriced
MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen
In the list of Best Motherboards for Video Editing in 2022 MSI is also one of the best brands for motherboards. It have wide range of motherboard options, and they also provide some budget motherboards which are great value for money. The B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ll is one of the best budget AMD-based motherboard.
This motherboard comes with AMD AM4 CPU socket, you can use almost any of the 3rd gen Ryzen processors, AMD 2ng gen, and AMD Athlon chipsets with this motherboard. This motherboard has 4 memory lanes, it can use up to 64GBs with 2133MHz clock speed.
It has PCI-e x16 slot for Graphics card and 3 PCI-e slots for expansions. You can use 1x M.2 slot with separate heatsink. It has total 6 SATA ports, in the I/O section it has 3x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x Ethernet port, 1x HDMI port, it have audio ports, etc.
- It use the AMD B450 chipset with AMD AM4 socket
- Total 5 PCIe expansion slots
- It have an ATX form factor
- 1 M.2 slot and 6 SATA ports
- 4 memory slots for up to 64GB RAM
- It have 3-year warranty
- Best for low budget builds
- Lots of memory lanes
- It have extended heat sink
- Overclock not supported for CPU
Before buying any motherboard do your own research. You have to choose best option which suits you. You can also check our Davinci Resolve Article.